- Position: RECRUITING NOW for flexible port agency workers - Shoreham Port Solutions
- Salary: £9.50-£10.96 dependant on B2 licence
- Location: Southwick
Excellent rates of pay and flexible hours
Shoreham Port Solutions offer temporary work assignments across a range of businesses at Shoreham Port.
The assignments are varied and include:
- General Operatives: Loading and unloading cargo from vessels, with the opportunity to work landside or on the vessel
- Cargo Checkers: Working in the Timber Terminal bar-coding timber packs
- General Labourers: Restacking timber packs and keeping operational areas tidy
- Forklift Truck Driving: Working quayside, unloading timber vessels
- Shifts are available Monday to Sunday.
- A variety of working patterns available within operating hours: 0600 – 2200 hours.
- Shift allocation will depend at which business the assignment is based.
Skills & Experience
- No previous port or maritime experience is required.
- Experience of working with plant such as forklift trucks and cranes would be advantageous.
- Assignments will be based in a port environment and will involve working outside in all weather conditions.
- Roles are physically demanding and include heavy lifting, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Starting Rate of Pay: £9.50 per hour rising to £10.96 per hour for those who achieve a Certified B2 Forklift Operators Licence (training provided).
For those who hold a current Certified B1 Forklift Operators Licence and pass the 1 day upgrade provided to a certified B2 Forklift Operators Licence the starting rate of pay is £10.96 per hour.
- Guaranteed hours assignments available
- Annual Leave: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rated) equivalent
- A full Health & Safety induction will be given
- Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
Please Note: Applicants should be aware that Shoreham Port Solutions operates a zero-tolerance policy for drugs & alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.
Please complete this short form and our team will be in touch: