- Position: Plant Mechanic
- Type: Engineering
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Southwick
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a great opportunity to join a small, busy team that delivers an excellent service to our Operations Team and the wider Port. Working on our fleet of cranes and varied other mobile machinery the role is open to those with a range of experience and presents an opportunity to progress. The Fitters’ team purpose is to deliver a safe, reliable service in a dynamic environment, covering many of the Port’s core activities.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities
- As part of a team maintain a working environment where safety comes first
- Service and repair machinery from light vans and forklifts to loading shovels and large 360excavator/material handling cranes
- Diagnose and fault-find from operator reports
- Routine inspections of all types of plant/machinery
- Provide regular updates on job progress and completion times
- Carry out tasks in accordance with all equipment & hire policies and procedures
- Use and maintain workshop tooling in accordance with specifications and conditions
- Qualified plant fitter/mechanic preferred – C&GLight or Heavy Motor Vehicle Repair/ NVQ Level2 or 3 in Motor Vehicle Repair
- Knowledge of mobile plant and ability to understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- The ability to work unsupervised as well as in a small team
- Good verbal communication skills
- A systematic approach to problem-solving
- Welding and Fabrication skills an advantage
- Plant Operators Licenses an advantage (training can be provided)
- Full Driving License
- First Aid Certificate (training can be provided)
What you'll get from us
- Exceptional pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Immediate starts are available
- Funded training in a supportive environment
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday with some weekend working).
- Hours are variable and subject to short notice variations and changes depending on vessel requirements.
- On weekdays we will advise the working hours required per day depending on the shipping requirement.
- Operational hours are between 0600 - 2200
- Flexibility is the key.
- Weekday and weekend overtime will be required to meet customer expectations.
- Paid at standard rate until the completion of a 40-hour basic working week.
- Over 40 hours during weekdays paid at time and a half.
- Saturday working is paid at time and half and Sunday working double time
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout
The closing date for applications is Friday16th April 2021
Please download an application form below and submit to email@example.com.