- Position: Interim People, Communications & Sustainability Director
- Location: Southwick, West Sussex
Shoreham Port is seeking to recruit an engaging and motivated Interim Director to join the Port’s leadership team in November of this year for a period of 14 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for a broad portfolio of functions including people, communications and sustainability, leading a varied team at the centre of a rapidly growing organisation. An appreciation of what is needed to keep the Port running smoothly, alongside driving change is essential. This role is integral to the future, sustainable growth of the Port. If you enjoy variety and thrive in a challenging, fast paced, rewarding environment, then this is the role for you! We are open to engaging with a wide range of individuals on this opportunity.
- Design, plan and implement the People, Communications & Sustainability strategies for each area.
- Motivate, coach and develop the People, Communications & Sustainability team.
- Be a custodian for our organisational values, leading on creating a diverse and inclusive high performing culture.
- Oversee and direct all communication (including crisis) with press/radio/TV & stakeholders and all digital platforms.
- Develop the Port’s stakeholder engagement and community outreach.
- Embed sustainability within the Port and manage relationships with key sustainability partners.
- Be the senior manager lead for all Board related processes and governance, ensuring an efficient and highly functioning Board which is focussed on understanding and deploying best practice.
- Lead on Non-Executive Director recruitment and drive continuous improvement at Board level.
Skills & experience
- An inspiring senior leader with experience of driving change in a complex, regulated safety critical organisation.
- Strong ethics and values with a willingness to positively challenge others.
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team creating collaborative relationships with organisational leaders.
- A generalist with an understanding of the need to balance operational continuity, alongside driving transformation.
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating teams of managers and colleagues.
- Able to positively influence, constructively challenge and collaborate with others across all levels of the organisation.
- Exceptional organisational skills with attention for detail.
- Degree educated.
- Skills/experience which would add value to this role are proven HR generalist expertise, understanding of corporate governance and communications/website/digital marketing.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible terms of employment
- Exceptional pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Hybrid working environment
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st July 2021.
Please see the full job description below.
Complete the application form and submit alongside your CV to: email@example.com
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.