- Position: Heavy Plant Fitter
- Salary: Circa £30k per annum based on 40-hr week
- Contact: email@example.com
We have a great opportunity to join a small, busy team that delivers an excellent service to our Operations Team and the wider Port. Working on our own fleet of cranes, handlers and forklifts, we’re looking for someone who likes to fault-find and problem-solve. We will provide all the training you need to be successful in the role.
If you are interested in forging a career in a dynamic and ever-changing environment where your individual contribution is recognised and valued, come and join us.
- As part of a close-knit team maintain a working environment where safety comes first
- Service and repair a wide variety of machinery from large 360 excavator/material handling cranes to loading shovels, forklifts and light vans
- Diagnose and fault-find directly from operator reports
- Provide regular updates on job progress and completion times
- Use and maintain workshop tooling in accordance with specifications and conditions
- Ideally a qualified plant fitter/mechanic – C&G Light or Heavy Motor Vehicle Repair/NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Motor Vehicle Repair
- Knowledge of mobile plant and ability to understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
- A systematic approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work unsupervised as well as in teams
- Flexible approach to working patterns and good verbal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills
- Welding and fabrication skills an advantage
- Plant Operators Licence an advantage (training can be provided)
- Full Driving Licence
- First aid certificate (training can be provided)
Pay and Benefits
- Circa £30k per annum based on a 40-hour week
- There are frequent opportunities to earn overtime. Standard overtime is 1.5 per hour with premium overtime being paid at double time.
- Holiday: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Exceptional Pension Plan (employer contribution of 18.3%)
- Access to an annual bonus scheme
- Well-being programme including Colleague Assistance Programme
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.
Please see the full job description below:
Please download the application form below:
To apply submit the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021.