- Position: Class 1 HGV Drivers
- Salary: Up to £26,083 per annum plus overtime
- Contact: email@example.com
Shoreham Port is recruiting experienced Class 1 HGV Drivers to operate it’s new fleet of HGVs and trailers. We will be bringing our 260 years of logistics and cargo handling experience to create an efficient and customer focused service to our customers across the UK. We are looking for professional Drivers to join our friendly team. The successful candidates will take pride in their role and have a proven track record of delivering excellent service as well as being reliable and punctual.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Take pride in the vehicle and take ownership for its safe operation and maintenance
- Play an active role in the loading/unloading of cargo which may include using a forklift truck (full training to be provided)
- Through the use of the route plan provide an efficient service to customers locally, regionally and nationally.
- Act as a brand ambassador for Shoreham Port through the safe and legal operation of the Port’s HGV vehicle on the Public Highway
- Provide a high standard of customer service during all interactions with all customers, delivery destinations and the general public
- Maintain an up-to-date Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
- Full driving licence is essential for the role
- Valid and current driver CPC card
- Independent and self-motivated
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills with the haulage department, customers and general public will be essential
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
Providing great service is what we are all about and in order to deliver this service the Port’s fleet will operate 6 out of 7 days per week rota. As a newly established team we are in a unique position of being able to consider a variety of working patterns within the rota.
- The base rate for the role is up to £26,083 per annum plus there will be access to regular overtime (time and a quarter after 40 hours per week).
- We offer an exceptional pension plan with an employer contribution of 18.3%
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Access to the Colleague Assistance Programme.
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.
Please see the full job description below:
To apply submit your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th April 2021.