Shoreham Port Patrol provides the Harbour Master with an on the water representative.
The role of the Patrol is to;
- Check that all vessels are displaying valid Harbour Dues.
- Educate and advise harbour users of safety on the water including relevant byelaws and general directions.
- Assist the Harbour Master with incident investigation and response.
- Assist with enforcement of byelaws and general directions.
- Work in partnership with other authorities/organizations such as Sussex Police and HM Coastguard.
As a busy commercial, fishing and leisure port the possibilty for incidents and near misses can be potentially high. To reduce this risk all vessels are requested to navigate and manoeuvre with due care and attention, and as stated within the International Rules for Prevention of Collisions and Sea (ColRegs).
Shoreham Port Patrol can be contacted via Shoreham Harbour Radio on VHF Channel 14 or 01273 592366.